Thursday, January 14, 2010

Walking on

It's the New Year, so of course it is a time of new beginnings, fresh starts and taking notes on what did and didn't work the year prior. This year, I decided to start walking with a friend from PWOC. She has been at this for several years, so I thought joining her would provide a great accountability partner for me.

The first day I walked with her, we lapped the mall a few times. Since we were talking so much, I didn't keep count of how many times we completed a mall "lap". My feet began hurting some and felt they were telling me to stop. I walked on. Finally, I came to the point of needing to stop for the day. I asked my friend, "So, do you know how much we walked?" Thinking to myself that I had probably only walked a mile, surprisingly she said, "three miles." I was elated! I actually walked farther than I thought.

I concluded that you can endure much longer and through some painful moments whenever you have a friend nearby.

© Brenda L. Marlin 2010
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another -- and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:23-25 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment